What is Whole Business Consulting?
Your Business Is Made Up of Connected Parts
A business, like any organization, is made up of many interrelated parts – employees, teams, departments, tools, and anything else the business relies on to operate. Those parts don’t operate in isolation, siloed off from everything else. When your business is really humming on all cylinders, each part needs to work together in unison. A change to one part causes ripples that are felt throughout other areas. Take the following examples of a change and the ways it’s impact are felt throughout your business:
You are implementing a new marketing strategy or campaign
- Marketing: create new assets, post on social media, and update your website
- Sales: create new tactics to capitalize on new customers generated by the campaign
- Customer service: be aware of new customer expectations due to the campaign
- Operations: adjust to changes in workflow
- Entire company: be aware of how the campaign reflects your core values
You are adopting a new customized CRM (Customer Relations Management software)
- Sales: understand how the to use the CRM to improve efficiency, reporting, and gain new customer insights
- Leadership: gain access to better data to guide decision-making
- Marketing: use improved customer data to develop targeted marketing campaigns
- Customer service: use customer data to improve response times and issue resolution
These are just a few examples. How change is felt across your whole business will be unique based on your values and situation.
The Benefits of Having Fun at Work
Our Whole Business Consulting approach is part of what makes Mellowlark Labs unique. Another agency with a narrow specialty will try to earn your business whether you need it or not. How many emails or calls have you received from salespeople that know nothing about your business pitching their software or marketing services? At Mellowlark Labs, we learn about what makes your business unique to provide custom solutions that are tailor-made to fit your needs.
That’s how we deliver smart, strategic, sustainable growth for your business.
A positive workplace culture is essential for employee morale, productivity, and overall business success. However, not all workplace cultures are created equal. We take a tongue-in-cheek approach and explore five surefire ways to create a terrible workplace culture.
Fixie Home Improvement is a new business breaking into the Twin Cities market. Armed with a strong business plan and many years of experience repairing, renovating and remodeling homes, the Fixie team enlisted Mellowlark Labs to develop a memorable brand identity.
Think you need to leave fun at the door when you come to work? Think again. In fact, if your company isn’t intentionally making space to have fun and connect with each other, chances are it’s actually hurting your bottom line.